Store Shift Supervisor
Sorry, this job has expired.
$10.00 – $12.00
Goodwill is now seeking Shift Supervisor candidates to work flexible hours for full and part-time positions at any of these four Delaware County Stores (in Delaware, Lewis Center, Powell or Westerville). Benefits are included with full time positions.
• Academic preparation preferably at high school level or GED.
• 1 year of retail experience preferred.
• Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
• Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
• Must possess leadership abilities (good communication skills; organization; accuracy; consistency; idea promotion).
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
• Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
• Criminal background check required.
• First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider or review/waiver signed by the President/CEO.
• Assist with recruiting and selecting future employees for Marion Goodwill.
• Lead and offer job duty guidance to personnel assigned.
• Develop and coach employees to maximize their individual potential.
• Assist with setting goals for each employee, ensuring monthly, quarterly and yearly goals are met.
• Assist with evaluating employee’s performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
• Hold team accountable to Marion Goodwill production standards daily.
• Assist with the training of new employees.
• Assist in operating effective sorting, pricing, and rotating strategies using procedural guidelines.
• Ensure that the store meets or exceeds daily production goals in both wares and textiles.
• Assess emergency situations and acts as the need indicates reporting any such situation in writing and forwarding to the Safety Coordinator at the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
• Provide constant surveillance of the sales floor and backroom for safety and loss prevention measures.
• Count and balance the register cash drawers and safe daily. Prepare daily bank deposits.
• Ability to operate personal computer with knowledge of pertinent programs as specified by needs.
• Ability to operate Windows O/S.
• Work Flexible schedule during hours of operation: Monday-Saturday, 9am-9pm and Sunday, 11am-6pm.
We give people who want to work the tools and the confidence to seek, secure, and keep a job. Our Workforce Development Department helps individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment explore possible careers, prepare for the job market, and find appropriate employment opportunities within their community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.